Make sure to take advantage of all of the Ignite ’14 app features while attending the conference.
Use the schedule and presenter icons on the app home screen to explore the learning opportunities available and find out more about the schools and speakers presenting.
Take note of these app features in each specific session screen:
- The pencil icon will allow you to take notes on that specific session. Notes taken for all sessions will be saved together under “My Notes” in the Event Extras list, which can be found by clicking the arrow on the top left of the screen while on the app homepage.
- If you tap the “Add to Schedule” option, that session will be added to your calendar, which can be accessed by clicking “My Schedule” in the Events Extra list. Please note that there is also an option to “bookmark” a session by clicking on the bookmark icon. This will NOT add the session to your schedule, but will save all your bookmarked sessions together under the “Bookmarked Activities” tab in the schedule icon.
- The alarm clock icon allows you to set a reminder for that specific session
- The camera icon allows you to take a photo of the session, which can be saved to that session, allowing all other app users to see.
- Notice the “Tap here to take a survey for this event” option. This will allow you to give your feedback on a session through 10 short questions.
The Exhibitors icon will take you to a list of the many exhibitors, their booth numbers, and a floor plan. You will be able to view contact information for the exhibitors and search exhibitors by category.
Make sure to use the Conference Blog icon to follow along with the many updates that NASSP staff members and others will be posting throughout the whole conference.
The Twitter icon will take you to a #nassp14 streaming page so you can see what all attendees are tweeting about. Make sure to join in on the conversation!
The My Connections icon is a way for you to connect with other conference attendees. When you tap on the icon, you will get prompted to add your name, contact information, title, organization, and a photo of yourself. You can add as little or as much personal information as you would like. If you want your profile to be private, meaning that another attendee would have to request to connect with you and you would have to approve that request to see any information you’ve shared, click the “set my profile to private.” Leave that unchecked if you want your profile to be public so that all attendees can see it.
In the attendee list, attendees who have set their profiles to public will have “contact requested” under their name. To request to connect with a certain attendee, whether they are private or public, tap on their name, and then the small head icon. They will have to confirm your request before you can see their information if they are private.
To make any changes to your attendee profile after the initial sign up process, tap the arrow on the top left corner when on the app home screen. That will direct you to the Event Extras side menu. From there, tap “Return to Event Directory” which is at the very top.
When in the event directory, tap the box on the top left corner with two circles. Then go into your profile settings too add information, or change the privacy settings. To go back to the app home screen, click on the Ignite 2014 box.
The planning guide icon will give you information on how to use the interactive PDF of the planning guide. The interactive planning guide only works on the web version of this app or on a Microsoft Surface tablet because of Adobe restrictions.
The search function allows you to search for any speaker or school to see what sessions they are involved with or to search for a topic such as “common core” to see all common core related sessions.
Use the QR Scanner to scan various QR codes throughout the conference.
Under the Conference Maps icon, you will find maps for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors of the conference center, as well as the 2nd, 4th, and 37th floors of the hotel, where conference activities are taking place.
Use the Discover Dallas and Dallas Map icons to familiarize yourself with the city and learn more about nearby attractions.
Don’t miss the Event Extras option menu, which can be found by clicking on the left arrow at the top of the Event Guide home screen.
The Event Compass will show you a list of sessions about to begin.
My Schedule will show your calendar and any sessions you have added to it.
The Notifications tab will display any notifications NASSP has sent out, including updates about events or room changes.
My Contacts will save any people you have connected with through My Connections on the app home screen.
My Notes will display all the notes you have taken in specific sessions.
For problems using this mobile app, you can contact Crowd Compass support at 888-889-3069, option 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.